Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Les Positifs et Les Négatifs Du "txting"

Hello, my fellow Americans (and all of those currently around the world). I am currently writing in Webdings. If you can't understand this then you must change the font!!! 
My topic today is about texting and its effects on the English Language. I feel that many people are not affected by the advancement of texting and its many uses. Although they think that their grammar may have changed because of this, but by my estimations (which really aren't that good, but nevertheless...) more people still call people instead of texting. So in that case, words don't need to be spelled out, just spoken. Although I do text, I always use correct grammar and always spell words out. It may not be that way for some people, but hey, that is just the way I am. It may be because I have predictive on but that makes no difference.
Then again, the bad sides and the good sides must be weighed with equal measure, for is that not what America was founded upon? But anyway, some people, such as my teacher, He Who Must Not Be Named, do not have texting, that is their own decision, but I can realize their points. They say that most people don't talk as much as they used to. Also that they change their writing style because of texting.
I personally think that most people don't have any effects of texting on their life because it really is a very small part of their life. Although some people may show some symptoms, such as saying "lol" or "gtg" or "brb". Though most people are not effected in this way. But I don't feel this way nor do most of my friends.
Thanks,
Thbaseblog Blogger

No comments: